Grow Into Employment – E Tu Tangata
Building foundations for a self-reliant community
To provide opportunities for rangatahi and whanau to reach their potential through education, training and social services in a supportive kaupapa Maori, Christian environment
What will you gain?
- A certificate showing employment skills you have gained
- How to prepare and design a CV
- An opportunity to visit industries for work placement and other courses of your career choice.
- Skills you can use to assist you to gain meaningful employment
- Ongoing support from Wai Ora as you seek work.
How will you learn?
- Our tutors are experienced and qualified in all aspects of how to help you gain meaningful employment, or further training.
- Field trips
- Work experience opportunities.
Who can apply?
- You must be between 16-60 years old
- Free bus run is provided if required
How long is the course?
- The course runs at your pace the more you focus on Job seeking and as soon as you are employed or into a course of your choice our work is achieved
- The course hours are 9.00am 12.0pm Tuesday and Thursday The course commences February 2016 Enrollment now if you are over 16
What will I learn?
- The secret of how to growstrongand confident as a person
- How to dress for interviews
- Interview skills, and preparation for the workforce in any industry
- Numeracy & Literacy skills
What do I bring?
- Your birth certificate
- One other form of ID
Upon completion you will be able to…
- Explain the importance of health and safety in any industry
- Identify opportunities for employment
- Develop social skills and self-management & self confidence
- Gain work ready skills
- Gain improved literacy and numeracy skills
Learner support services include...
- Free transport
- Whanau support
- Legal issues
- A support person
- Literacy and Numeracy